Today is an historic day for Missouri as the state legislature finally passed the strongest pro-life bill in the country, House Bill 126. The “Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act” is the most comprehensive pro-life bill in country and provides many protections for unborn children and their mothers.
The Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act (HB 126)
• Bans abortions after eight weeks, except in cases of medical emergency
• Prohibits abortions based on race, gender and diagnosis of Down syndrome
• Requires both parents be notified for a minor to get an abortion
• Triggers a complete abortion ban if Roe v. Wade is overturned
• Expands women’s access to pregnancy resource centers.
This legislation is incredibly important to the preservation of all life in Missouri. Through this legislation, we are one step closer to protecting the rights of all unborn children.
I believe the only difference between an unborn child and a baby is their level of development, level of dependency and location. This shouldn’t determine whether an unborn child deserves to live.
While states like New York and Virginia move aggressively to expand late-term abortions, Missouri continues to stand strong to protect life. I’m truly honored to have sponsored HB 126 in the Senate and helped ensure its passage. I firmly believe this is the strongest pro-life bill in the country.
However, none of this would have been possible without the support of my constituents. I’ve always been proud to be pro-life, and I’ve dedicated my time in office to protect the rights of those who cannot defend themselves. I will never stop fighting to protect innocent human life.